If you tell me a few years ago that there will a technology which can make our game playing more fun and faster even on a low processor PC or console, then I might not believe you. But now in 2020, we can see with our own eyes, that how cloud gaming made it possible for us to enjoy our games fully.
Currently, many companies are launching their cloud gaming services, some of them are Google stadia, Microsoft Xcloud, Nvidia Geforce, etc. With the help of these cloud gaming services, you can enjoy a high-speed gaming experience and the best part is, you don’t have to spend a lot of dollars on it. You will have to pay for a traditional ownership plan and that it.
If I explain to you cloud gaming with some examples that how it is going to impact the gaming world then. If you remember how consoles in the ’80s took all over the gaming market, in the same way, cloud gaming will impact the market very soon. To explain to you cloud gaming in more depth we are going to look at the answer some of these questions like what is it, how does it work, etc. So without any further due let’s get started!
What is Cloud Gaming?
If you are a gamer and just introduce yourself to cloud gaming, then I am pretty sure that you might be looking for the answer to “What is Cloud Gaming?”. Basically, if you’re looking for a way to enhance the speed and quality of your game with little investment then my friend, cloud gaming is the answer.
Because it boosts the power of your PC or console processor disc that helps to give a boost to the speed and quality of your game. You just need to purchase a subscription from a cloud gaming service provider.
So basically, these companies like Google stadia, Microsoft Xcloud uses cloud servers instead of using local servers or devices to run any game. Which gives a high-speed gaming experience to gamers. The main focus of these companies is to make the high-end gaming experience cheaper and accessible to all.
Two major benefits of using cloud gaming are you don’t need to keep big PCs and Console with your everywhere to play a game, you’ll just need a touch-screen device with an internet connection and that it. The second advantage of using cloud gaming is, you don’t have to put your money in purchasing new hardware every year. So let’s go further and see how does this cloud gaming thing work?
How does Cloud Gaming Works?
First of all, you need a subscription plan from any good cloud gaming service provider. You can buy their yearly or monthly plans. With the use of a cloud gaming service, you don’t have to download any additional content or hardware to your device. Instead, you will get access to an app that will help you to play a game of choice immediately because it is running on remote servers.
To make it simple, I would give you an example. Think about it as Netflix for games. The game that you are playing on your PC, console, and mobile is not actually running on your device. It is running on the cloud servers that you rent from the providers. I told you about the app before, so whenever you click on that app or game, the game starts to load itself on the cloud servers.
When you press any button of your game control like you pressed a button to jump that input gets sent to a remote server, which tells it what you have just done and then the action happens. All this process time depends on the distance of your device from the server, usually, it takes less than milliseconds.
And that is how this all cloud gaming thing works, now you need t keep in mind that if you want to take a taste of high-speed gaming then you have to use a decent internet connection the minimum requirement is 10Mbps.
One more interesting thing or you can say a feature that this cloud gaming service gives you is, you can save your game at any point. It stores in these cloud servers and next time you want to play your same from the save place or level, you just need to login to your desired device and start playing.
Advantages that Cloud Gaming Gives
- With cloud gaming, you don’t have to put your mind into any maintenance. The service provider will look after all your maintenance thing.
- You can save your game at any point and then after some time or wherever you want to continue the game you can do it easily. Because it saves the data into its powerful servers.
- You need to buy highly expensive gaming PCs or Consoles. You just need to subscribe to a cloud gaming service plan, which could a yearly or monthly subscription. you may cancel it at any time. But before buying any service please read all the terms and conditions, what they are providing, etc properly.
- Cloud is really great, when it comes to security. I mean they use thousands of servers, which is not easy to hack or control.
- You don’t have to worry about which computer should you buy or use for cloud gaming. Because it is accessible with almost every computer like window PC, Mac, etc.
- If you use cloud gaming then you don’t have to download those big 30GB or 40GB games, you can play them easily with one click.
- You don’t need to carry big PCs or Consoles everywhere to enjoy your favorite games, to enjoy your favorite games you just need a good internet connection and a mobile device.
Disadvantages Come with Cloud Gaming
- The main disadvantage of cloud gaming is you need a high-speed internet connection. Otherwise, it might be very hard to play the game smoothly. I know that not all areas of the world have good internet speed just like my area. So make your the internet package you are buying must give you an internet connection that has no issue of speeding.
- It is hard to find a cloud gaming service provider because there are not many options available in the market. But yeah, there are a few companies like Google stadia, Microsoft Xcloud, Nvidia Geforce, Onlive, Gaikai, etc. that provide this service.
- If You wanna play your favorite like COD or Fortnite using cloud gaming then the bandwidth usage can go high. I mean, if you wanna play a game for like 30 minutes to 60 minutes then it can use up to 20GB of bandwidth.
The Final Words
As we can all see cloud gaming is making itself better and better every day, so that day is not far when we can use this amazing technology with no problems. But yeah, we also can’t deny this fact that Cloud gaming technology still has a long way to go. I mean, there are a lot of parts where these big companies have work on. Whether it is an issue of internet connection or bandwidth problem.
People who are finding the answer to “What is the future of cloud gaming?” then the answer is simple. As we all know big companies like Google and Microsoft like to invest in future technology and they choose what is best for the future and they are constantly investing a lot of their money and time in developing cloud gaming platforms like Stadia and Xcloud. So the basis of that you can understand the future of this rapidly growing industry.